Welcome to Real-Time Survey Documentation!¶
Real-Time Survey (rtSurvey) is a survey platform that provides all the needed tools to:
- run a computer-assisted personal interview (CAPI) survey
- on mobile devices (Android and iOS)
- on Internet browsers
The core rtSurvey features are:
- Form filling
- Real-time report (based on Rmarkdown and Shiny)
- Quality assurance (based on R script)
- Note taking
- Smart notification
- Realtime Messaging
- Offline Maps
- APIs for integration with other platforms
How is rtSurvey used?¶
For a quick start, read Getting Started With REAL-TIME SURVEY. In most cases, users of rtSurvey:
- Create digital surveys using Xlsform.
- Upload forms to RTA or users’ own host server.
- Assign forms to authorized users.
- Use rtSurvey to fill out forms.
- Read Real-time reports.
- Check data submission with QA rules.
- Download final deliverables (including raw CSV, labelled Stata dataset, PDF codebooks)
- rtSurvey Server access established.
- rtSurvey installed on a smart phone or tablet (both Android and iOS are natively supported).
- E-form(s) built and assigned to authorized users.