Create new user on rtCloud¶
Purpose: For reasons of security of information and reducing the overload for the device, only designated users can download and use a certain defined questionnaires.
Step 1. Go to Manage Staff¶
- Select Setting Up on sidebar menu
- Click on Manage Staff
- There are 2 methods to add staff:
- Fill in staff info right in rtCloud web interface:
- Click button [Add Staff] to continue
- Import staff info using Excel file into rtCloud
- Download file ImportStaffTemplate.xlsx
- Fill in staff info in the downloaded Excel file
- Click button [Import Staffs] to continue
Step 2. Add Staff¶
A. Manual method:
- Fill in all necessary info of new staff.
- Click Submit to finish the user creation.
All fields marked with the red asterisk are required.
- This button is used to download the current staff list on rtCloud in Excel format.
- Username must be unique across the survey subdomain.
- Only letters (A-Za-z), numbers (0-9), and underscore (_) are accepted as password.
- Email must be unique across the survey subdomain.
- This code is used in rtSurvey App when user want to change device during the survey data collection (see Registering rtSurvey App with change-device code for more details).
- This option is to enable/disable the lock screen of rtSurvey App (see Lock Screen in rtSurvey App for more details).
- The pin code to use for rtSurvey screen unlock if lock screen is enabled.
- Users’ permissions in rtCloud and rtSurvey app are limited by their User Role (see Create rtSurvey User Role for more details).
- If the checkbox is checked, the new user will be defined as Supervisor with more authorities and responsibilities (see What is rtSurvey Supervisor for more details).
- If the checkbox is checked, the new user can request and automatically be granted the right to edit finalized/submitted instances (interviews/survey data) without any further approval from upper level (see How to edit finalized instances for more details).
- If you want to make a user temporarily inactive, just select Inactive. By default, Active is already selected.
- Click button Cancel in case you change your mind and don’t want to create new user any more.
- Click button Reset in case you want to re-fill in new staff info from the beginning.
B. Import method:
- Select Staff Template file to import.
- Select suitable import mode.
- Skip mode means the users to be imported will not be created/updated if they already exist in the system. This mode will be selected by default.
- Replace mode means the users will always be created/updated regardless of their existence in the system.
- Click Select file.
- Browse to the Staff Template file (filled in step 4b_ii)
- Click Open to confirm the selection.
- Click Import to continue.
- There will be a message informing the import result.
- If successfully imported, the new account shows up in the list:
- If unsuccessfully imported, system will inform the specific error(s):